The new system is being launched as a complementary product to Numa's successful Super Jaws Overburden Bits and Impact Ring Bit Systems.
Numa's Casing Ring Bit System consists of a pilot bit, casing shoe, and heavy-duty ring bit and is available in a wide range of sizes for drilling holes 16in to 48in (406mm to 1,219mm) in diameter. The design is highly configurable with options for both drill through and non-drill through applications requiring the installation of casing into bedrock. The system also boasts the ability to handle overburden and/or hard rock conditions using either conventional or reverse circulation DTH hammers. Some of the many benefits of Numa's Casing Ring Bit System include:
- Reduces cost with same pilot bit used with multiple ring sizes
- Provides simple lock design to better engage and disengage from ring
- Eliminates carbide issues locking into pilot
- Cleans holes efficiently through large flushing slots
- Capable for use in vertical and horizontal applications
"We are pleased to announce the addition of Numa's Casing Ring Bit Systems to our product line," said Numa president, Ralph Leonard. "This advancement is yet another example of Numa's rock-solid reputation for designing dependable drilling products that deliver in mission-critical, harsh applications."