This new product, which gives users the opportunity to drill larger diameter holes, will further extend the range of Numa's durable and dependable HDD products and provide drillers with more options.
"Numa continues to design new products to tackle the challenges drillers face," said Numa president, Ralph Leonard. "Our high quality, made in the USA HDD products provide the right balance of performance and dependability without sacrificing tool life."
The Numa HDD 80 drilling system consists of a variety of HDD components including hammer, bits, side load sonde housing, bent subs, and adaptors which are capable of drilling holes 9-3/4in to 10in (248 to 254mm) in diameter.
Some of the many benefits Numa touts for the HDD 80 hammer include improved steerability, fast penetration rate, simplified field maintenance, reduced air requirements, and lower overall cost per foot.
Numa purposely designed their HDD hammers to drill longer in difficult rock conditions. Furthermore, a single bore design allows for a maximum bore diameter in conjunction with providing optimum life against abrasion.
The full line of Numa's HDD drilling systems is made up of the models below:
- HDD 35 for drilling holes 3-7/8in to 4in (98mm to 102mm) in diameter
- HDD 40 for drilling holes 4-3/4in to 5in (121mm to 127mm) in diameter
- HDD 50 for drilling holes 5-3/4in to 6-1/8in (146mm to 156mm) in diameter
- HDD 60 for drilling holes 7in to 7-1/2in (178mm to 191mm) in diameter
- HDD 80 for drilling holes 9-3/4in to 10in (248mm to 254mm) in diameter