The new line features added intelligence and improved operator ergonomics, providing operators with the right balance of reliability and technology to drill the drill the perfect hole safely.
Additional highlights of the xSeries include:
- Touch screen GUI interface featuring the Sandvik Automation Module (SAM) offering the following options:
- Same hardware and software components as Sandvik's iSeries machine including a 7in mobile grade rugged touch screen and latest generation PLC
- Health monitoring system - replaces old style shutdown switches and enables continuous, real-time measurement, allowing the operator to take the necessary actions in advance of any alarm situation
- Improved user experience - enhanced control system features (as found with iSeries machines) reduce troubleshooting time and increase availability.
- Bolt-on mast locks eliminate cutting and welding, simplifying making mast change-outs
- CMS (compressor management system) Lite electronic controlled compressor system
- Oversize driller's window offers a better view of the drill table during operation and improved visibility during tramming
- Swivel-enabled operator's seat with integrated electrohydraulic controls simplifies operation and offers improved visibility of operating environment
"For decades, customers have counted on Sandvik to develop the most durable products in the market - rigs that will be able to work at a mine site for decades," said Jacques Britz, vice president, Surface Pedestal Drills, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology. "In developing the xSeries, we've taken our customers' feedback into our research and development efforts and are proud of the newest addition to our product line."