Compact, powerful and technologically advanced, Sandvik's DR410i is designed to deliver unmatched productivity and return on investment for 6 - 9-7/8in (152-251mm) rotary and DTH holes, with a standard mast offering a first pass capability of 10m or 33ft and a max depth of 46.6m or 153ft. The extended mast option delivers a first pass option of 14m or 46ft with a total depth capacity of 32.3m or 106f. across all recommended pipe diameters.
The DR410i is automation-ready when equipped with Sandvik's AutoMine solution module, which provides functionality for both on-board and off-board automated needs. This scalable solution, from onboard automation that increases drilling efficiency to fully autonomous operation, is designed to meet customer needs both now and in the future.
A number of features are available to protect operators and maintenance personnel while minimising risk in the dangerous environments where drilling is often conducted and on the DR410i these include:
- Ergonomic cab environment to help reduce operator fatigue
- Patented deck wrench allows bit change in conjunction with optional remote-control crane eliminates manual bit handling, reducing injury potential
- Dedicated ladder provides easy access to mast components for inspection and maintenance. Safety is further enhanced with the addition of fibreglass reinforced plastic grating mast infill and certified tie-off points addressing working at height concerns
- Non-rust fibreglass reinforced grating used throughout for improved footing and rust resistance
Alongside moves to minimise personnel risk, Sandvik has worked to improve productivity when using the DR410i through innovations to increase the rigs durability. Sandvik's Intelligent Control System Architecture (SICA) provides the operator with real-time feedback regarding the machine's performance and health, ensuring quality and consistency hole-to-hole. Some of the other key productivity-enhancing features include:
- Single-pass depth to14m without the need to add pipe
- Rotary or DTH drilling options
- 58,000ftlb (258kN) weight on bit
- Onboard automated features such as Auto Drill and Auto Cycle ensure quality and consistency hole-to-hole
- Auto Mast and Auto Level functions ensure consistent operations and reduce wear on structural weldments
- Breakout wrench speeds change from one pipe to another.
The DR410i is also equipped with several features that improve the efficiency of customers' operations while simultaneously cutting costs:
- Scalable solution, from onboard automation that increases drilling efficiency to fully autonomous operation
- Live oil sampling station eliminates potential for system contamination
- Fast-fill fluid service centre speeds fluid replenishment
Dave Shellhammer, president, Rotary Drilling Division, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, said: "We continue to expand our iSeries family of rotary blasthole drills with the introduction of Sandvik DR410i. This automation-ready, mid-size drill provides mines in hard rock conditions with a powerful and productive option to safely drill the perfect hole, providing exceptional value. The rapid expansion of our iSeries family reinforces our culture of fast-moving innovation and our never-ending focus on our customers, whose feedback we have used in the development of this new product."
Got a story? Email: email@example.com