The Solving Water: A Xylem Podcast considers trending topics, technology and behind-the-scenes stories of Xylem's work addressing water challenges around the world. In each episode, Xylem experts and industry thought leaders discuss water challenges and solutions as they apply to Xylem's wide range of applications from residential, commercial building systems, rural and agriculture technology, water utilities and more. "
"Owning a small business is challenging even in the best of times, but especially during these times of uncertainty," said Susan O'Grady, Xylem director of marketing, residential and agriculture. "This series highlights important business fundamentals for water well industry professionals to ensure they are as knowledgeable about the financial side of business as they are on the technical aspects of water systems."
The five-part series features conversations from the 2019 National Ground Water Association's (NGWA) Groundwater Week with Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells and former president of the NGWA. He is also lecturer for the NGWA Foundation's 2020 McEllhiney Lecture Series in Water Well Technology, and tours the country delivering presentations to various NGWA chapters on financial literacy and business fundamentals.
Industry professionals can listen to episode one of Small Business Toolbox, entitled Learning (& Teaching) Small Business Finance in the Groundwater Industry now via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and YouTube. Episodes in the series include:
- Episode 1: Jeff Williams discusses his experiences as a leader in the groundwater industry. He shares his focus on learning and teaching the important financial fundamentals of running a small business and explains the value of combining professional expertise with business savvy.
- Episode 2: Profit sharing, corporate culture and employee incentivization — Russell Rauch, general manager of Hughes Supply in Statesville, North Carolina
- Episode 3: Making sense of variable and fixed costs — Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells, Jericho, Vermont
- Episode 4: Getting the best value on groundwater industry assets — Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells
- Episode 5: Maintaining your small business' legacy with an exit strategy — Jeff Williams, vice president of Spafford & Sons Water Wells
Got a story? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org